Written by TFM on 02/07/2021
From 1pm today there will be no restrictions on the reasons to leave home if you live in Greater Darwin or Alice Springs but staying COVIDSafe remains important.
- Travel will be permitted across the Territory.
- Face masks must be worn when you are unable to physically distance – this includes at places like the supermarket, shops and hairdresser. Workers who come into close contact with patrons, or who work in crowded environments will need to wear a mask.
- Up to 10 people can visit your home at a time.
- Restaurants, cafes and pubs will re-open for seated service only. Patrons will be required to wear a mask when they go to the bar to order.
- Big events must have The Territory Check In QR Code system in place and be able to comply with physical distancing and mask wearing requirements.
- No close contact sports. Indoor exercise including at gyms, Zumba, barre, pilates and yoga studios will remain closed.
- Places of worship will open. Masks must be worn and physical distancing applied.
- Schools, vacation care and childcare centres will open.