NSW COVID KAOS
Written by TFM on 23/12/2020
Source – news.com.au
NSW residents currently under tough COVID-19 restrictions have been warned it is “highly possible” that the rules could stay in place over Christmas, despite reports that today’s case numbers will remain low.
Speaking to Sunrise, NSW Police Minister David Elliot said it is likely northern beaches residents and possibly other parts of Sydney will have to follow tougher restrictions than the rest of the state over the next few days.
“The Premier, I can assure you, wants everybody to have as normal a Christmas as possible,” he said.
“But we also have to act responsibly to make sure we keep on top of any transmissions.”
Premier Gladys Berejiklian will announce today whether the northern beaches lockdown and restrictions across Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, the Blue Mountains and Wollongong will be scrapped in time for Christmas.
It follows early reports that NSW authorities will confirm another day of low COVID-19 case numbers after recording just eight new locally acquired infections on Tuesday.
A number of Woolworths and Coles supermarkets have been added to an alert list of venues where people infectious with coronavirus from the Sydney Avalon cluster visited. It includes a number of stores well away form the northern beaches.
There are now three Woolies and three Coles in the spotlight. Two Westfield shopping centres are also on the list.
Late on Tuesday, NSW Health put an alert for new and updated venues associated with the cluster.
It’s bad news for people who boarded a major bus route, dined at an Italian restaurant in Paddington, a venue in St Leonards and a gym in the northern beaches. They will have to isolate for 14 days if they were there at the following times.
– Paddington Alimentari, Paddington on Thursday, December 17 (5.30am – 6pm); Friday, December 18 (5.30am – 6pm); Saturday, December 19 (5.30am – 6pm). Only staff or those seated; take away customers should monitor for symptoms.
– Charlie and Franks, St Leonards on Wednesday, December 16 (9am – 10am). Only staff and people visiting for one hour; those there for less than one hour should test and isolate pending results.
– Fitness First, Mona Vale on Thursday, December 17 (11.30am – 1pm).
Passengers who travelled on the B1 B-line bus at the following times must also isolate for 14 days.
– Monday, December 14, departing Wynyard Station Stand B, 5.47pm, arriving Warriewood BLine, Pittwater Rd, 6.40pm;
– Tuesday, December 15, departing Warriewood BLine, Pittwater Rd, 6.39am, arriving Wynyard Station Stand M, 7.29am;
– Tuesday, December 15, departing Wynyard Station Stand B 6.28pm, arriving Warriewood BLine, Pittwater Rd, 6.21pm;
– Wednesday, December 16, departing Warriewood BLine Pittwater Rd 6.53am, arriving Wynyard Station Stand M, 7.41am;
– Wednesday, December 16, departing Wynyard Station Stand B 4.31pm, arriving Warriewood BLine, Pittwater Rd, 5.25pm.
There are also a number of new venues where customers are considered casual contacts and should test and isolate pending a result if they were there at the times below:
– Scoop Wholefoods, Mona Vale on Wednesday, 16 December; Thursday, 18 December and Friday, 19 December – anytime, all day;
– Scoop Wholefoods, Mosman on Thursday, December 17 (8am-10am)
– London Hotel, Paddington on Thursday, 17 December (8.15pm-9.30pm)
– Brooke Withers Swim School, Warriewood on Wednesday, December 16 (2pm-3.30pm);
– Warriewood Valley Playground Rocket Park, Warriewood on Thursday, December 17 (10.15am – 12.30pm)
People who visited the following are casual contacts and should monitor for symptoms. Exact times can be found on the NSW Health website. These include the supermarkets:
– Woolworths, Avalon Beach on Saturday, December 12;
– Woolworths Metro, Cronulla on Sunday, December 13;
– Woolworths, Mona Vale on Sunday, December 13;
– Coles, Mona Vale on Sunday, December 13 and Sunday, December 19;
– Coles, Newport on Wednesday, December 9; Friday, December 11; Saturday December 12, and Tuesday, December 15;
– Coles, Turramurra on Thursday, December 17 and Friday, December 18;
– Westfield Warringah Mall on Saturday, December 19;
– Westfield Bondi Junction on Saturday, December 19
– Fresh Delights Cafe, Belrose Super CEntre on Thursday, December 17;
– Davidson Pizzeria, Davidson on Sunday, December 13;
– Pittwater Place, Mona Vale on Saturday, December 19.